Easy & Inexpensive Design Ideas
- The classic mirror-over-fireplace trick can reflect traditional or modern tastes, depending on which style of mirror you choose.
- Paint the wall over the mantel the same color as the surround to give a fireplace more presence in a room. When a fireplace is flush with the floor, place a beautiful screen in front to provide ambience and safety.
- Silver often plays second fiddle to its more audacious golden cousin when it’s time to break out the holiday décor, but don’t overlook this shining shade. Finding fun crystal spheres, shimmering snowflakes and delicate white flowers shooting from etched-silver pots can add up to create a warm and wintery fireplace focal point.
- While grand and gilded works for some fireplaces, it’s not right for all of them. Play around with candle stands and heights. They can add a touch of extra warmth and romance.
- Bring the outdoors in by arranging delicate flowers to compliment your mantle and hearth surround.